If you’ve ever done a Pinterest search on the topic, countless pins claim to have the answer to making anywhere from $1,000 – 10,000 a month from your home computer. Many claim to be easy for both beginners and introverts. Is it though?
I often wonder if these pins and posts are just well researched from varied internet sources or are they tried and proven? So, I’m going to try this out for you. I am determined to work for myself, on my own time, making the income I want to make. I’ll document the positive and negative of each experience, including income potential.
I personally think minimum wage is bullshit. Someone else determining our worth is also bullshit. We are almost to 2022 and with the internet ruling the world, we should be able to forge our own path, sky is the limit.
There is no reason to settle for bullshit jobs that don’t pay you well and give you work that slowly steals your soul.
I’ve found Pinterest and TikTok to be great resources to finding opportunities. I’m not looking for MLM’s – been there, done that, never going back. A lot of what you will find on the Tok is people giving little teasers to get you to buy their course. I’m sure there are legitimate opportunities among them, but I’m looking to start from scratch. What will be the first income opportunity to start cash flow, without needing an up front investment.
If you are looking to get started yourself, to either begin income earning or supplement what you’re already getting, I invite you to follow along with me!
Finding the Right Opportunity
Here’s a short list of blog articles with work from home opportunities.
- 50 NON-PHONE WORK-FROM-HOME JOBS (HIRING NOW!) – This Mama Blogs
- 106 Work From Home Companies That Provide Equipment – Think Outside the Cubicle Now
- 20 Legitimate Work From Home Jobs for Moms & Housewives – Make Up to $50,000/Year – Daily Paid Online
- Work from Home Companies that Let You Work Whenever (as long as you get the job done) – Work From Home Happiness
- 15 Best Part-time Jobs Online that Pay Well (Hiring Now) – Luster Lexicon
- Side Hustles for Introverts (That Will Make You A Ton Of Cash ) – Out and Beyond
- 21 Genuine Work At Home Jobs That Pay Weekly – Dreamshala
- 9 SIDE JOBS TO EARN $50,000 A YEAR WORKING FROM HOME – AimingtheDreams
- 17 Ways to Make Money Without a Job – The Million Dollar Mama
As I mentioned, this is just a short list of what you will find when you research work from home opportunities! With that in mind, it can be overwhelming. It can help to have an idea of what you’d like to do to begin.
Here’s what I’m looking for:
- Something that requires no initial investment
- Something I can do with the skills and equipment I already have
- No phone calls (I’m a complete introvert, text please!)
- Work on my schedule, that is no set hours
- Something where beginners can earn decent money, as opposed to the “top earners”
This is the benefit of working on your own, you choose what you are comfortable with!
It is mid-November 2021 as I write this. I’m going to set an initial goal to be reached by New Years 2022.
Given the short time frame, I’m going to make a lump sum financial goal. That is, to make an extra $5,000 before the new year, in a month and a half. I’m not going to lie, for me, this goal feels lofty and I’m tempted to lower it. But what’s the point of a goal if you aren’t going to push yourself?
Next year I’ll make a monthly financial goal, including multiple sources of income. But for now, I will push to earn that extra cash going into the new year.
What I’ve Chosen To Do
Let me begin with what I’m already doing, that is social media manager. I am working from home, it is paying the bills, but I haven’t reached my goal income. After going through the above articles, I’ve chosen to try the following opportunities:
- Blogging – If you are seeing this as I publish, there are no monetization additions to this blog yet, I obviously need to change that!
- Create an eBook – the Daily Paid Online article says top earners make $10,000 a month, but what can I make as a beginner?
- Wonder – I found this one on Working From Home Happiness article linked above and I’m intrigued. This one involves research.
- Product Testing – The Out and Beyond article above mentions Opinion Inn as a resource. I’ll sign up right after I publish.
There are a few others that intrigue me but I think this is a great start. I will give weekly updates on all opportunities and let you know the pros and cons of each.
I’d love to hear from you! Have you tried any work from home positions and what was the outcome?